Sunday, February 12, 2006

Clarity of mind


This morning I sat quietly and considered a question I pose to myself every few years as a way of "checking in". The question is "Did I love well?" I repeated the question several times, making sure my focus was strong and my mind awake. I said the words aloud and felt them in the air. All outside influences abated and the sounds disappeared. With clarity of mind I started to think about those I've loved and soon my thoughts turned to the fact that it's Sunday and that I can't buy beer today. Just exactly who is that law designed to protect anyway? I then felt my body become consumed with hate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't buy beer OR cars on Sunday. Why do they insist on curbing our first ammendement rights!?!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya....there are plenty of us that can drink and drive perfectly fine on Sundays.