Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nostalgic again


During the past month, a flood of old friends have reconnected with me via Facebook. I've come to realize that I have had a very full life. When seeing faces of friends from high school and college I am immediately taken back to days when I was ridiculously naive about the world.

And now I almost feel bad about my daily habit of pointing out the faults of people who are currently the age I was back then. But then I think about how I've paid my dues, made my mistakes, am now conspicuously wiser, and therefore now have the right to look upon the toilings of today's youth and call them fools. And then they can do the same one day to the kids just now entering 4th grade. It's the circle of life in glass houses. Kinda beautiful in a way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture explains SOOOOO much about you. Your college experience was clearly a total sausage-fest. No wonder you turned out like you did.

Anonymous said...

thanks to the HUGE red arrow...I could find you. Your thoughtfulness is appreciated.

BG

Anonymous said...

Vredeveld....vredeveld