Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm honored


You guys, we have the chance to influence the naming of the new baby walrus at the New York Aquarium. Isn't that amazing? My week was going pretty shitty until I read this news today. They are leaving it up to us to pick the name! These are people from New York... aquarium workers who are well educated and likely very highly trained in their craft of keeping captured fish and other aquatic animals alive in a domesticated setting. I couldn't do it, I'll tell you that. And they trust me to pick the name? ... someone from a small town in the South near Charlotte, North Carolina? I'm beside myself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20960174/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah right, they really don't let you choose a name. They let you choose a name THEY picked. Thanks for ruining my day. I had a name all picked out too. Forget it.

KS

Anonymous said...

I vote for the name Vredevelde.